1550 Maine Street Quincy Illinois
In 1932 the lovely Italianate home of Lorenzo Bull was slated to be torn down so a gas station could be built at the corner of 16th and Maine Street. Despite being in the midst of the Great Depression, the women of Quincy rallied together and raised the money to save the house from demolition. They formed the Women’s City Club and for over 80 years maintained the house.
Friends of the Lorenzo Bull House is a collaborative group mission to preserve, restore, protect and promote the Lorenzo Bull House and Park as a community resource.
The Lorenzo Bull House is the home of the Quincy Women’s City Club since 1932. This beautiful city park and facility in the center of Quincy has been lovingly maintained by both Quincy Park District and the Quincy Women’s City Club.